This Year Savvy Survivour is raising funds for Wollongong Homeless Hub and Lokamo is a proud sponsor of this event.
Wollongong Homeless Hub opened in October 2013, The Wollongong Homeless Hub is a one-stop-shop for homelessness resources.
Clients are able to access multiple agencies from a single point. Computers, photocopiers, fax machines and telephones are offered free of charge to people accessing services. Community engagement officers are available for support and other support services are also available to clients.
The homeless hub is located at 24 Kenny Street Wollongong and can be called on (02) 4244 4121
The Wollongong Homeless Hub is a multiservice facility with a variety of representatives from local services attending from:
- Centrelink – Specialist Homeless Support
- Illawarra Legal Center – Tenancy Support and Financial Counselling
- The Aboriginal Medical Service – Specialist Aboriginal Worker
- Illawarra Multicultural Services
- Housing Trust – Intake and Assessment Officer
- Big Fat Smile – Children’s Specialist
- Illawarra Youth Housing – Youth Specialist Worker
- Wollongong Women’s Housing – Specialist Women’s Workers
Additionally we offer a regular craft table for children and a free haircut day every six weeks. Throughout the new year, the hub will be expanding with a range of workshops delivered free of charge for participants.
When available, we offer ‘rough-sleeper’ kits, toiletry and food packages.
Help raise some funds by clicking on the link above.